Thursday, October 13, 2016

Book Review: Abducted by Janice Cantore


Book's Summary:

After solving the mayor s murder and exposing corruption among the top brass in Las Playas, Carly Edwards is happy to be back on patrol with her partner, Joe, putting bad guys behind bars. For once, everything in life seems to be going right.

But then everything starts going wrong. Slow to recover from an injury, her ex-husband, Nick, begins pulling away just as they were starting to get close again. Meanwhile, when Joe s wife lands in the hospital with a mysterious illness, their baby is kidnapped. As Carly chases down every lead in a desperate search to find the baby, her newfound faith is pushed to its limits.

What I liked: This is the first Christian Fiction crime novel (besides Vanetta Chapman's Amish crime series), and I have to say that I was impressed! Ms. Cantore's experience as a cop definitely shows in this book. I wasn't able to read the first book in this series, but I am trying to find it so I can read it! Abducted is a great book that gives interesting insight on how police and public safety deal with the scary situation of child kidnapping. Definitely a good read for girls considering a career in criminal justice!

What I didn't like: I think Carly was a little too hasty in repairing her relationship with her ex-husband. The relationship almost seemed forced, and when the ending came, it seemed too perfect for reality. I almost wish Carly would have gone out with that media reporter ;)

Concerning Content: A little violent, but definitely to be expected in a crime novel. Carly's roommate is known for sleeping around and bringing guys home. The fact that a baby was kidnapped might be troublesome for young or sensitive girls.  Also, the whole reason for Carly and Nick's divorce was because of an affair.

Conclusion and Rating: Abducted was a great book that definitely kept me intrigued, and I hope to read some other Janice Cantore books in the future! Personal rating for teenagers up, and maybe certain tweens is 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment