Monday, September 5, 2016

Book Review: With Every Letter by Sarah Sundin



     All I can say about this book is...WOW! I have always been a sucker for World War II romance, and I am interested in nursing, so I knew this book was going to be good, but not THAT good! I was sucked in from the very first page, and I couldn't put it down until I reached the end.
     In With Every Letter, Flight nurse Mellie Blake is desperate to make friends.  As an immigrant from the Pacific, she constantly feels like an outsider.  The same can be said for Tom MacGilliver.  So they were naturally attracted to each other when they began an anonymous penpal program.  Their relationship is jeopardized when they meet in person, both fearful of betraying their penpal.  IT WAS LITERALLY SO CUTE!  I found myself laughing, crying, and cheering with both characters on their incredible journeys of finding themselves, and ultimately each other.  This was the first Sarah Sundin book I have read, and I am looking forward to reading her others.
     Age wise, I would say 14-15 and up.  There are a few kisses (not-detailed), and plenty of romantic thoughts. Also some medical/violent content due to the war and nursing scenes.  My rating for this book would be 4.5/5 stars! See y'all soon for another review!
xoxo,
Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment